Thursday, March 19, 2009

The time has come for me to confess...

OK so I told you in my last post that I am going to Pennsylvania this summer, and I am totally psyched to go...But I was reading on the Camp Towanda website, and under the catagory of 'campers' I learned that 98% of the kids will be Jewish. Ok lets all take a big breath...cause thats what I had to do. Dont get me wrong this will not stop me from going, I just dont know what I am supposed to do, Do i tell the diresctor that I am mormon, just to get it out of the way? Do I stay quiet and then secretly try and do some missionary work? Because as I read further I learned that at this camp they say 'grace' and I am assuming they will not end thier prayers the same way I do, so what would I do in the situation that I am called upon to pray? Well Camp Towanda prides themself upon the fact that they are 'diverse' so I hope all goes well and they are accepting. I was talking to Missy last night and it occured to me that the word "towanda" does sound a bit Jewish, you know like Kwanza...Well she quickly informed me that Kwanza is a black holiday and has nothing to do with the Jewish...my bad, you learn something everyday:)

No comments:

Post a Comment