Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Everyone wants it, but rarely anyone can handle it


I'm talking about change people, the older I get, the more I realize how true that is! Missy and I were having one of our intelligent discussions yesterday, just updating eachother on 'where were at'...and I have never seen such a person make such a 180 change in such a short amount of time. She is incredible, from when I met her about 3 years ago, to the person she is now, I would hardly recognize her. Missy has such a great amount of courage, from her decsion to be baptized to her deciding to move back home to california...I admire so much about her. She does what she truley belives is best for her, regaurdless of what others warn or say to her. But anyway, Missy was part of my epiphany on change...She told me that isn't it funny how when people ask you 'how your doing' they usually want to hear what you are struggling with, they dont usually want to hear " Im great! Im going to church, and institute weekly, I have boys lining up to date me, I have finally figured out what I want to do with my education, Im sincerely happy!...oh and ps I have a rockin body", Well at least that Has been true for me... Its been hard for me to accept when others are doing good, because then I feel like I am failing. And before you analyze that, I'll tell you that I already know the reasoning for that mentality and it was because I wasn't feeling good about myself, I wasn't at peace with where I was at. Before I was so conciously focused on 'change', I was trying to completley remodel everything about myself. And while I became so obsessed and pre-occupied with this needing to change attitude, I was actually repelling the natural change that comes from surrendering and turning to the Lord...I seriously feel like I take the absolute most hardest and longest way to learn my lessons, but hey, at least Im learning them right?:)

1 comment:

  1. Jackie-

    so you just left and all i have left to remember you is your whistle necklace. when i blow it i feel like you can hear it and that your thinking of me too. hahahhahha gosh were cool!

    ReplyDelete