Saturday, March 31, 2012

CONF.

Heres a surprise. I came down to Provo this weekend to head up to conference with my girlllzz. Pretty darn fun. Bryn even got us tickets but we still got turned away, it was sooooo packed. So Whit and I sat outside on the grass in temple square, the weather was phenomenal. Not kidding. Utah has been so incredibly nice this past week or so. So this conference sesh was not like any other I have been to in the past couple of years. I think because I was genuinely anticipating hearing our prophet and apostles voices. I have mentioned it before, but I am doing a whole lot more studying of past conference talks...and when I say studying I mean I walk to class and listen to em on my phone haha. But either way, becoming so familiar with the apostles has brought an earnest desire to hear more, it has strengthened my faith in the things that they preach. I have a new love for the men that lead our church. And so today, I was so grateful to be up in Salt Lake, to listen and feel the love that those men have for us. And just like all things divinely inspired, it came just in time. I couldnt think of a more appropriate time for counsel to come for me. I have got a month till school ends, and a THOUSAND questions on what I should do, and where I should be. It was good to be reminded today that God loves us. And that were not alone. There is so much guidance all around us. Tender mercies are everywhere. I have felt in an extra hour of sleep this week, in finishing a tough math exam, in a phone call from a friend I havent talked to in ages. The Lord is looking out for us, there are blessings scattered all about our everyday lives. And He is doing it on purpose. So with that being said, two best things of this week...#1 it was 70 degrees:) I went and bought summer clothes!! woop woop!! and #2 that I got to end this week with people I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment