Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My dear friend Danni.


Danni Power has been my roommate for all the 4 semesters of college that I have attended. I met her through my first and still best friend Missy. They both were at EA while I was still a senior in high school. In the fall of 08 we moved into a real nice trailer mansion, we didn't have that instantly 'clicked' friendship, I was nice to Danni she was nice to me. Once november rolled around, me Danni Missy Julie and Kalie, all found ourlselves another apartment to move into because the trailer mansion was in fact a trailer dump. It was at Apartment B that Danni and I did our real building of our friendship. The two of us shared a room, and it was in that room that we would share as many clothes and perfumes as possible, stand on top of our beds and sing to Carrie Underwood, creep on people, we would climb in and out of our 3 foot window, I spent countless hours watching Danni get ready in the morning, I occasionally would make her toast, it was in apartment B that Danni became my close friend. I went through a real rough period spring semester, and Danni was there for me. If I wanted to just be left alone, she left me alone, and when it was time for me to talk she knew how to approach me. I could tell her everything I was feeling and there was never any judgment, only someone who was hoping to console me. I can honestly say that without her understanding personality I wouldnt have got through that time without her. Yes, its true most of our fun times were spent in the apartment, but Danni was the one who taught me how to go and "chill" at institute and watch the boys play basketball. She taught me how to eat Dairy Queen at 10 o clock at night and not feel bad about it, She taught me that its ok to withdraw from classes,by her being the most carefree and layed back chick I know, it somehow rubbed off on me. I learned not to be so picky, overly analytical, and dependent on what people thought of me. She was an awesome example of do what you want! We always joke that Danni is really a hippie at heart, I have so many more memories of this girl! Too many to name, I can always count on her, last fall I would call Danni at least twice a week to beg her to come back to EA with me, I promised her it would be fun and well worth it! And I didnt lie, she finally gave in and decided to go back with me, and in our Spring semester we grew even closer than before! Partly because our room was 4 by 4, but thats beside the point. We had a blast, it was during this semester that she went from being Danni my lovable reliable friend, to Dan my best friend who can one day be my kids god mother. this next Fall, is coming pretty fast, its something Im pretty nervous for, but everyday I remind myself I will have Danni to go back with me, and I cant help but feel like she is such a blessing, I have a best friend who was also a best friend to my boyfriend! It doesnt get better than that, because that means she understands what I am going through when I miss him, she will let me reminisce, she will let me cry, and she will help my heart heal. I really have been blessed to have her, Dan lets me know when I am being a brat, she would let me tell her every morning that I was prettier than her, she lets me act like the child I am, and I can almost always count on a cheap laugh out of her, and If I want to make a sonic run for the fourth time in the day she is always down! A best friend doesnt get better than her, Happy 21st Birthday week Dan! Sorry I cant spend it with you:( I love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment