Wednesday, July 14, 2010

LeTtEr DaY!!!!

"We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are." — Marjorie Pay Hinckley

What a beautiful quote, and I stole it off of someones status on facebook. But its stinkin true!! Today was such a great day for me, not only did Hayd email but I had two letters waiting for me at Cheas! Im not gonna lie I was a bit bummed out by his email, it was pretty short but his 2 long letters completely lifted my spirits and made up for it!! But it just kinda showed me that there are going to be weeks that his emails will be short, and I am going to have to remain strong and keep my faith in remembering that he does love me no matter what. I stumbled upon some chicks blog today and she wrote about how her missionary couldnt write her for 5 months! I think I would punch myself in the face if that was me! I honestly dont know if I could do that! After today I just cant stop marveling at how lucky I was to date Hayden, and everything he still tells me and how much he still believes in me, I cant help but feel so blessed to have him. Has anyone see P.S I love you, well in some sick twisted way I feel like Hilary Swank. His letters are so heart warming and uplifting and they always seem to come on the days that I need them most. Like on my birthday he had his brother text me happy birthday and just check in to see how I was holding up on behalf of Hayd. He cares so much! I have never met someone with such a big heart as him! A little dramatic, but me and Dan joke all the time that we feel like Hayd is either dead or at war, it doesnt feel like he is on the mish. So when I hear from him, I take a deep breath and feel so grateful that he is happy and well. I am going to have to post one of the letters he 'drew' for me. It was 3 letters taped together and it was a complete map of our 'ranch/home' in Idaho, it was so freakin hilarious and precious all at once! He had it detailed all way down to an air strip on our property so I could fly home to AZ and visit family anytime I wanted, there was also a small cottage built for family to stay at when they visited, and of course it wouldn't be complete with out a private lake. Seriously, it was to die for! So funny! Well his letters have definitely been the highlight of this week, and I feel so blessed. Its incredible how much of a different person I feel this time around, I feel so much more sure of where I am supposed to be headed with my life, and am more sure of who I am, and as much as it hurts to have him gone, its nice not to feel completely lost on who I am, I already did all that discovering within these past 2 years.These two years will be for me to grow more into the woman I am supposed to be and discover the kind of mom I want to be. The timing of everything that has come to pass is impeccable, everything has worked out exactly the way it was supposed to, and will continue to do so, and because I have that knowledge and confidence I can read that quote up top and completely understand and embrace it. the next year and 10 months wont be a rat race and as frantic as they will be a 'refinement' and sheer opportunity for me to grow more comfortable into the girl I already am.

2 comments:

  1. I love that quote!! Hayden reminds me of Dustin, so sweet and funny. If you get him forever you are lucky and if you only get him for awhile be happy you had him for a little while and the happiness you knew with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DONT JYNX ME HEIDI!!! No, But I totally get what you say, no matter what happens, Hayden Richards was someone who has been life changing to me. Whether we met so that I can one day marry him, or if he was just here to shape me into a stronger person for a short time, he gave me something that no one else could give me.

    ReplyDelete