Saturday, February 25, 2012

Cold Weather and Prayer.

Sometimes in life all you can do is pray. When not one person, or one idea, or one thing will solve what is hurting you, prayer is your answer. That is where peace is.

Tonight I went running. Logan is simply amazing. Its set on a hill and there is a temple, what more could a runner ask for. For whatever reason Heavenly Father has given me back my feet since I have moved here. I am finally able to run again. What a blessing. I think He knew I would need some outlet in order to cope. Im not going to pretend like its easy to run in 20 degree weather, cause it absolutely isn't. But I am learning. The incline killed me the first few times, my hands were frozen, and my ears...and my legs, the cold air stung my lungs. But with each run I have grown to appreciate the cold. The cold is always going to be there, its not like if I wait till noon it will warm up and I will be able to have a "comfortable" run, not in Logan. It likes to stay cold and get colder as the day goes on. So if I want to run I have just pick a time and go. The cold weather is always going to win, there is no changing it. But I can definitely make it work to my advantage.

And thats life, like I said up top, sometimes life is just going to be hard. no amount of tears, or strong will can change it. Its just how it is. But you have to find out where you can benefit. And I have learned that through quiet and sincere prayer you will find out how.

Sometimes we feel so weak. Like another day is too much. But as we continue to pray God will bless us. How can He not? It has been confirmed to me that if we can pray, and continue to know and believe in who we are things will always work out. There is no swindling involved in the Plan of Salvation. Now listen to this. President Uchtdorf says it best, always.

please understand that what you see and experience now is not what forever will be. You will not feel loneliness, sorrow, pain, or discouragement forever. We have the faithful promise of God that He will neither forget nor forsake those who incline their hearts to Him.21Have hope and faith in that promise. Learn to love your Heavenly Father and become His disciple in word and in deed.

Be assured that if you but hold on, believe in Him, and remain faithful in keeping the commandments, one day you will experience for yourselves the promises revealed to the Apostle Paul: “Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.”

1 comment: